The Brotherhood of Veterans of the 1941 Greek Campaign is greatly saddened by the death of HRH Prince Philip who passed away peacefully at Windsor Castle on Friday 9 April 2021, aged 99. Our thoughts and prayers are with Queen Elizabeth II, his wife of 73 years, and the Royal family, who have lost a much beloved husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. Prince Philip was the longest serving royal consort in British history. He has been a constant not only in the Queen’s life, but also in all our lives.
As a wonderful example of duty first, we echo the words of the Royal British Legion: “We are immensely thankful for his lifetime of faithful service and we mourn his passing deeply.”
For those of you who are new to our website, please click on the link to ‘follow’ us. This will mean that in future, new ‘posts’ can be sent directly to your email address/inbox as soon as they are published on the website, including updates on our Kalamata and Lichfield services.
This is how to ‘follow’ us:
- Go to the ‘Homepage’ and look in bottom right hand corner where you will find the ‘Follow’ button. Click on this and enter your email address in the box that appears.
- You will then receive an email from WordPress (which hosts our website) asking you to confirm your ‘Subscription’ to the Greek Veterans.
- Just to clarify, by confirming ‘Subscription’, this simply means you agree to ‘subscribe’ to receiving emails containing the ‘posts’. There is no charge or fee to pay.
- Next, you need to click on ‘Confirm Follow’ which means you will receive an email every time we publish news or updates.
- After you do this, you will receive an email from the ‘Greek Veterans’ to confirm that you have subscribed to receive emails from the website.
As you will be aware, our President Frank Gill, sadly died on 25th November 2020. Frank, a veteran of The Greek Campaign was only our second President, following on from our first President, Edwin Horlington MBE, founder of The Brotherhood. It was fitting that a veteran was our President but now that can no longer be the case. Instead, we have decided to appoint a Chairman. We are very pleased to announce that our first Chairman will be David Sanderson. David is the son of Trooper Eric Rockliff Sanderson of the 4th Hussars, PoW October 1941.