Welcome to our website, which is in honour of Allied Veterans and their fallen comrades who served in Greece in World War Two.
Our aim is to:
- create awareness and understanding of the ill-fated Greek Campaign
- promote the ongoing work and activities of ‘The Brotherhood of Veterans of The Greek Campaign 1940 to 1941’ for veterans and their families.
Over 20 years since it was founded by Edwin Horlington MBE, the Brotherhood continues to be very active due to the hard work and dedication of Edwin’s daughter Janet Parkin (formerly Buttery, née Horlington) and, until recently, our President Frank J Gill (Lance Corporal, Royal Engineers).
The 1941 Greek Campaign has been commemorated with a memorial service, attended by veterans and their families from the UK, in Kalamata in May every year since 1994. We also hold an annual service at the National Memorial Arboretum in the UK every September.
News and dates for 2021 (see News and Events section)
- Farewell President, Welcome Chairman
- Update on Kalamata 80th anniversary of the 1941 Greek Campaign
- UK Reunion 80th Anniversary Saturday 11th September 2021
- Announcing WW2 Greek Veterans and Campaigns Facebook Group
- Please ‘Follow’ our Website