Welcome to our website, which is in honour of Allied Veterans and their fallen comrades who served in Greece in World War Two.
Our aim is to:
- create awareness and understanding of the ill-fated Greek Campaign
- promote the ongoing work and activities of ‘The Brotherhood of Veterans of The Greek Campaign 1940 to 1941’ for veterans and their families.
Over 20 years since it was founded by Edwin Horlington MBE, the Brotherhood continues to be very active due to the hard work and dedication of Edwin’s daughter Janet Parkin (formerly Buttery, née Horlington) and our President Frank J Gill (Lance Corporal, Royal Engineers).
The 1941 Greek Campaign has been commemorated with a memorial service, attended by veterans and their families from the UK, in Kalamata in May every year since 1994. We also hold an annual service at the National Memorial Arboretum in the UK every September.
Congratulations to Frank Gill on his 100th birthday
The Brotherhood of Greek Veterans would like to congratulate Frank Gill, our President, on his 100th birthday. If you would like to send a 100th birthday greeting to Frank please email us at email@example.com and we will forward this on.
78th anniversary of UK Reunion: Saturday 7th September 2019
The 78th anniversary and UK Reunion of the 1941 Greek campaign will be held at the National Memorial Arboretum, Lichfield on Saturday 7th September 2019 at 11.30am in The Greek Grove, or if wet, in the Chapel. Details of the service can be found on the Arboretum website.
Latest news and dates for 2019 (see News and Events section)
- Congratulations to Frank Gill on his 100th birthday
- 78th anniversary service held in Kalamata in May
- We paid our respects to Nikos Zervis
- Sadly Eric Bardsley has passed away