Welcome to our website, which is in honour of Allied Veterans and their fallen comrades who served in Greece in World War Two.
Our aim is to:
- create awareness and understanding of the ill-fated Greek Campaign
- promote the ongoing work and activities of ‘The Brotherhood of Veterans of The Greek Campaign 1940 to 1941’ for veterans and their families.
Over 20 years since it was founded by Edwin Horlington MBE, the Brotherhood continues to be very active due to the hard work and dedication of Edwin’s daughter Janet Parkin (formerly Buttery, née Horlington) and our President Frank J Gill (Lance Corporal, Royal Engineers).
The 1941 Greek Campaign has been commemorated with a memorial service, attended by veterans and their families from the UK, in Kalamata in May every year since 1994. We also hold an annual service at the National Memorial Arboretum in the UK every September.
Announcing 78th anniversary in Kalamata: Tuesday 14th May 2019
The date of the Service of Commemoration for the 78th anniversary of the 1941 Greek Campaign in Kalamata has been set for Tuesday 14th May 2019. We will publish more details nearer the time and look forward to seeing you there.
Latest news and dates for 2018 (see News and Events section)
- Seeking information on Major Henry Hill
- Memorials unveiled in Pylos and Methoni
- 77th anniversary Kalamata 2018, another memorable occasion
- Joe Burke
- Jock Watt
- 468 Greek veterans records now on website