Welcome to our website, which is in honour of Allied Veterans and their fallen comrades who served in Greece in World War Two.
Our aim is to:
- create awareness and understanding of the ill-fated Greek Campaign
- promote the ongoing work and activities of ‘The Brotherhood of Veterans of The Greek Campaign 1940 to 1941’ for veterans and their families.
Over 20 years since it was founded by Edwin Horlington MBE, the Brotherhood continues to be very active due to the hard work and dedication of Edwin’s daughter Janet Parkin (formerly Buttery, née Horlington) and our President Frank J Gill (Lance Corporal, Royal Engineers).
The 1941 Greek Campaign has been commemorated with a memorial service, attended by veterans and their families from the UK, in Kalamata in May every year since 1994. We also hold an annual service at the National Memorial Arboretum in the UK every September.
Joe Burke, another great veteran has passed away
We are very sad to announce that Joe Burke has also passed away, quietly and peacefully, on Tuesday 10th January 2019. Our sincere condolences go to his family and friends.
We understand that a remembrance service is planned for 1st February 2018, although we do not have any details at present. If you wish to get in touch, please email us at email@example.com.
Joe was a lovely man, a very committed and generous member of the Greek Veterans and a real character. He will be greatly missed.
Latest news and dates for 2018 (see News and Events section)
- Robert ‘Jock Watt’ sad news
- Report on UK 76th anniversary which was held at Lichfield 9th September 2017
- 468 Greek veterans records now on website
- Announcing date of 77th anniversary commemoration in Kalamata to be held 8th May 2018
- Announcing date of 77th anniversary UK Reunion to be held Saturday 8th September 2018
- Seeking information on Major Doelberg
- Seeking information on Greek Tug ‘Zoodochus Pigi’