Welcome to our website, which is in honour of Allied Veterans and their fallen comrades who served in Greece in World War Two.
Our aim is to:
- create awareness and understanding of the ill-fated Greek Campaign
- promote the ongoing work and activities of ‘The Brotherhood of Veterans of The Greek Campaign 1940 to 1941’ for veterans and their families.
Over 20 years since it was founded by Edwin Horlington MBE, the Brotherhood continues to be very active due to the hard work and dedication of Edwin’s daughter Janet Parkin (formerly Buttery, née Horlington) and, until recently, our President Frank J Gill (Lance Corporal, Royal Engineers).
The 1941 Greek Campaign has been commemorated with a memorial service, attended by veterans and their families from the UK, in Kalamata in May every year since 1994. We also hold an annual service at the National Memorial Arboretum in the UK every September.
A Salute to His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
The Brotherhood of Veterans of the 1941 Greek Campaign is greatly saddened by the death of HRH Prince Philip who died peacefully at Windsor Castle on Friday 9 April 2021, aged 99. Our thoughts and prayers are with Queen Elizabeth II, his wife of 73 years, and the Royal family, who have lost a much beloved husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. Prince Philip was the longest serving royal consort in British history. He has been a constant not only in the Queen’s life, but also in all our lives.
As a wonderful example of duty first, we echo the words of the Royal British Legion: “We are immensely thankful for his lifetime of faithful service and we mourn his passing deeply.”
News (please click on the links below and see section)
- Documents added: ‘Origins of The Brotherhood’ and ‘Freedom of the City of Kalamata’
- Veteran Story: Frank Gill
- Sharing veterans’ stories in the 80th anniversary year
- Veteran story: Jack Simmonds
- Breaking news: we are publishing the contents of our Archive on our website
- Kalamata 80th anniversary of The 1941 Greek Campaign will not be going ahead
- UK Reunion 80th anniversary Saturday 11th September 2021
- Announcing WW2 Greek Veterans and Campaigns Facebook Group